You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
May 18, 2023
TRANSITION is a truly unique publication, published twice annually by the Saskatchewan Division of the Canadian Mental Health Association. A subscription to TRANSITION is available by purchasing an annual CMHA Sask membership for $15.
TRANSITION is a magazine that publishes two kinds of works: those directly about mental health issues and the individual’s personal experience of those same issues. Both types of work celebrate lives in transit – lives of change, growth, and transformation.
We solicit original, unpublished articles, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, book reviews, and visual art (black and white) that represent current mental health issues in our province and reflect on their impact on individuals. TRANSITION encourages emerging writers and artists to submit their work for publication.
CMHA Sask. Div. has received many entries for our Transition Magazine, and typically, we publish two editions every year, one spring and one fall. However, with the recent resignation of our long-time editor, Ted Dyck, we are looking at Transition Magazine to determine the best way to continue offering this great bi-annual publication.
We will not be producing the Fall/Winter edition of Transition, but we hope to have an issue for Fall 2023. We thank you for your patience as we go through this process and want to ensure everyone who’s taken part in Transition over the years will continue with this magazine. Thank you all for your submissions, and please continue with your writing. We will be back soon and expect to have an even better product to share when we do!
Check out our latest edition of Transition!
Click on the image to Download:
Continuous Submission Guidelines for Transition 2023
TRANSITION is published two times a year (Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter) by CMHA (SK. Div.) Inc.
Subscription by joining CMHA SK Div. at $15 / year
1. Canadian writers and artists are invited to send original and unpublished articles, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and visual art that represent current mental health issues and reflect on their
impact on individuals. Please query the Editor at [email protected] if you wish to submit something outside this scope (e.g., short dramas, cartoons, comics,
short graphic novels or book reviews).
2. All submissions must be accompanied by a short 50-word bio and complete contact information (mailing address and email address).
3. Maximum manuscript lengths:
Prose – 3500 words
Poetry – up to 5 poems
4. Unsolicited international contributions, reprints and simultaneous submissions (to several magazines) are not considered.
5. Turnaround time is generally within one issue or up to 6 months. Do not send a second submission before the first has been reviewed.
6. Payment is $50.00 per printed page ($25/half page), $40.00 per published visual artwork, and $200 for cover art.
Cap on contributions: $200/author. Contributors will also receive two paper copies of the magazine they appear in.
7. Only electronic submissions, including complete contact information and a brief bio, are accepted.
8. Submit manuscripts in MS Word format
Standard font (i.e. Times New Roman)
Double-spaced, normal margins
Email the attachment to: [email protected] or directly to the Editor at:
[email protected] .
E-mail submissions should have “FOR TRANSITION” in the subject line.
9. Surface mail should be sent to: TRANSITION, C/O CMHA (SK), 2702-12th Avenue, Regina, SK S4T 1J2.
Transitions Fall 2021 Edition
Transitions Spring 2021 Edition
Transitions Fall 2020 Edition
Transition Spring 2020 Edition
Transition Fall 2019
Transition Winter 2018 Edition
Transition Spring/Summer 2017
Transition Winter 2016
Transition Summer 2016
Transition Spring 2016
Transition Winter 2015
Transition Summer 2015
Transition Winter 2014
Transition Summer 2014
Transition Winter 2013
Transition Summer 2013
Transition Fall 2012
Transition Spring 2012
Transition Fall 2011
Transition Spring 2011
Transition Fall 2010
Transition Spring 2010
Transition Fall 2009
Transition Spring 2009
Transition Fall 2008
Transition Spring 2008
Subscribe to TRANSITION
While CMHA Sask currently ensures that a pdf copy of TRANSITION is available to share online, there is nothing like holding it hard-copy in your hands.
Purchase of an annual CMHA SK membership helps to ensure we can keep producing TRANSITION Magazine for years to come! Thank you for all of your support.
Contact CMHA SK toll free in Saskatchewan at 1-800-461-5463 – or call 306-525-5601 out of province. You can also email us for membership and subscription inquiries at [email protected]