OSI-CAN is a community-based peer support initiative which facilitates group support and relationship building for Military, first responders and public safety personnel dealing with operational stress injuries (OSI) and post-traumatic stress injuries (PTSI).
OSI-CAN is currently recruiting Saskatchewan military/veteran members and currently serving or former first responders/public safety personnel interested in becoming support facilitators within an OSI-CAN support group.
1. Interested peers are involved in Fire, EMS, Corrections, Police, Military or frontline health-care – either current or retired
2. Have lived-experience and understand the journey of recovery
3. Be in a stable place in their own recovery to facilitate and support other peers
5. Have formal peer support training or experience (not required)
6. Can commit to three-day training provided and paid-for by OSI-CAN
7. Be available to facilitate or co-facilitate at least once per month
If you have the qualifications, please fill out the recruitment form below. A member of the OSI-CAN program will be in touch for further information.