This page lists current employment opportunities with CMHA SK – Canadian Mental Health Association, Saskatchewan Division.
See below for current job openings at the provincial office (located in Regina, with program positions located in many communities like Saskatoon, North Battleford, and Prince Albert), as well as other local branches of the Canadian Mental Health Association in Saskatchewan:
Updated September 26th, 2018
VOCATIONAL/RECREATIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKER (Weyburn)
(MENTAL HEALTH WORKER I)
TEMPORARY – FULL-TIME
The Canadian Mental Health Association (Saskatchewan Division) Inc. invites applications for the full-time (35 hrs/week) position of Vocational/Recreational Development Worker in our Weyburn Branch.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director, the Worker is responsible for:
- Providing structured services for and in consultation with clients, consisting of one or more of the following areas: social, recreation, employment, training-on-the-job, vocational training, life skills or related support activities, in a community service centre and/or other community facility, with the goal of assisting clients to independently maximize community services and resources.
- The design, implementation, and evaluation of rehabilitative, vocational, recreational and recovery-oriented services and programs provided for the specialized needs of our clientele and community.
- Working cooperatively with appropriate persons and agencies to further advance and coordinate consumer participation in casual/contractual employment in a work crew setting.
- Utilizing community and volunteer resources to plan and carry out recreation activities, in a centre-based setting, that will assist the consumer in learning/acquiring social skills and proper time management.
- Duties will also include providing supervision to youth in the planning and delivery of social/recreational youth program activities and the successful candidate will also be responsible for recruitment of youth for the program.
Completion of some post-secondary training in the social sciences and significant experience in a human services field, preferably the mental health field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training is required. A good knowledge of community resources, effective organizational, public relations and communication skills are essential. The successful candidate must have a driver’s license and will be required to provide a clean Criminal Record Check.
Salary range: $2,805.99 to $3,262.44/month (MHWI scale)
Temporary Position: October 1st, 2018 to January 31st, 2019 (may be extended)
Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Deadline for applications is Thursday, Sept. 13th, 2018 at 5:00 pm.
Please forward resumes to:
Phyllis O’Connor, Executive Director
Canadian Mental Health Association (Saskatchewan Division) Inc.
2702 – 12th Avenue Regina SK. S4T 1J2
Fax (306) 569-3788
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org