This page lists current employment opportunities with CMHA SK – Canadian Mental Health Association, Saskatchewan Division.
See below for current job openings at the provincial office (located in Regina, with program positions located in many communities like Saskatoon, North Battleford, and Prince Albert), as well as other local branches of the Canadian Mental Health Association in Saskatchewan:
Updated February 13, 2018
VOCATIONAL/RECREATIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKER
(MENTAL HEALTH WORKER I)
TEMPORARY – FULL-TIME
The Canadian Mental Health Association (Saskatchewan Division) Inc. invites applications for the full-time (35 hrs/week) position of Vocational/Recreational Development Worker in our Weyburn Branch.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director, the Worker is responsible for:
- Providing structured services for and in consultation with clients, consisting of one or more of the following areas: social, recreation, employment, training-on-the-job, vocational training, life skills or related support activities, in a community service centre and/or other community facility, with the goal of assisting clients to independently maximize community services and resources.
- The design, implementation, and evaluation of rehabilitative, vocational, recreational and recovery-oriented services and programs provided for the specialized needs of our clientele and community.
- Working cooperatively with appropriate persons and agencies to further advance and coordinate consumer participation in casual/contractual employment in a work crew setting.
- Utilizing community and volunteer resources to plan and carry out recreation activities, in a centre-based setting, that will assist the consumer in learning/acquiring social skills and proper time management.
- Providing supervision and help to vocational work crew to assist with community/contractual jobs which include landfills, lawn care, snow removal, small moves, and cleaning services. Some heavy lifting required, must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Completion of some post-secondary training in the social sciences and significant experience in a human services field, preferably the mental health field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training. A good knowledge of community resources, effective organizational, public relations and communication skills are essential. The successful candidate must have a driver’s license and will be required to provide a clean Criminal Record Check.
Salary range: $2,805.99 to $3,262.44/month (MHWI scale)
Temporary Position: April 1st, 2018 to March 31st, 2019
Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Deadline for applications is Tuesday, February 27th, 2018 at 5:00 pm. Please forward resumes to:
Phyllis O’Connor, Executive Director
Canadian Mental Health Association, (Saskatchewan Division) Inc.
2702 12th Ave, Regina SK, S4T 1J2 Fax: (306) 569-3788
Posting date: February 13th, 2018