This page lists current employment opportunities with CMHA SK – Canadian Mental Health Association, Saskatchewan Division.
See below for current job openings at the provincial office (located in Regina, with program positions located in many communities like Saskatoon, North Battleford, and Prince Albert), as well as other local branches of the Canadian Mental Health Association in Saskatchewan:
Updated January 7th, 2020
VOCATIONAL COORDINATOR (MHWII)
FULL-TIME – MOOSE JAW BRANCH
Deadline for applications is Monday, January 13th, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
The Canadian Mental Health Association (Saskatchewan Division) Inc. invites applications for the full-time (35 hrs/week) position of Vocational Coordinator in our Moose Jaw Branch.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director, the Vocational Coordinator is responsible for:
1. Providing structured services for and in consultation with clients consisting of the following areas: employment, training and supporting volunteers, vocational training, placement and on job support, life skills or related support activities, with the goal of assisting clients to independently maximize community services and resources.
2. The design implementation, and evaluation of rehabilitative, volunteer/ vocational, and recovery- oriented services and programs provided by the Program Director in consultation with the needs of our clientele, and the community.
3. Providing supervision and assistance to consult with clients and volunteers to enhance their self- image, recovery and symptom management, by providing education on conflict resolution/de- escalation, goal setting, life skills and vocational opportunities.
4. Managing cash funds as required.
5. Recruiting, training, coordinating and supervising volunteers and peer supporters for programs and services.
6. Planning and delivering promotional and public education events and maintaining effective relations with other professionals in the mental health field and /or media contacts.
Completion of a University Degree in the social sciences and significant related experience in a human services field, preferably mental health field, or an equivalent combination of experience and training. Good knowledge of human behaviour and of Moose Jaw community resources and effective organizational, public relations, communications, assessment and problem-solving skills are essential. The ability to perform administrative functions and supervise staff is required.
The successful applicant must have a valid driver’s license and will be required to provide a current clean criminal record check.
Salary range: $3,233.89 to $3,776.38/month (MHWII Scale). Excellent benefits package.
Please forward resumes to:
Attn: Phyllis O’Connor, Executive Director
Canadian Mental Health Association (Saskatchewan Division) Inc.
2702 – 12th Avenue, Regina SK S4T 1J2
Fax: (306) 569-3788