Show us, What Makes You Smile!
We’re back for another exciting year of Artwork! The CMHA Cash Calendar is now accepting submissions for our 2023 edition!
It’s been a rough couple of years for most of us, so this year we want you to approach the contest with some bright, shiny optimism. We want to know what makes you smile, what makes you happy, what brings joy into your life? That’s the theme for the 2023 calendar. Submissions should showcase that special thing that never fails to brighten your day.
We’re also extremely excited to announce, new to this year, the CMHA Cash Calendar Art Call will have its very own Gallery Space in Regina at the Conexus Arts Centre! We are working in partnership with the Conexus Arts Centre this year and they have chosen to sponsor the Calendar with a significant amount of wall space in their facility. That means, all submissions this year will not only be eligible for a spot in the CMHA Cash Calendar, submissions will also be eligible to be viewed publically at the Conexus Arts Centre! This is a first for the Calendar and we are hoping to make this an annual event moving forward 😀
All entries must be from Saskatchewan residents only.
All submissions must be received no later than Midnight, May 2nd, 2022.
Please submit ALL entries to:
Submission Deadline: Midnight May 2nd, 2022
(We can not accept submissions after the cut-off deadline due to production timelines)
If you have any questions please email us @ email@example.com
Or call our toll free number: 1 800 461 5483
Submission Prize Amounts:
Submissions selected to appear in the #CMHACashCalendar will be awarded monetary prizes of:
- Cover Artwork – $200
- Monthly Artwork – $100
- Calendar Poetry – $50
- Honourable Mention Artwork – $50
Any artwork submitted will be displayed on the CMHA Instagram account with full credit to the artist.
There is no monetary prize for Instagram, however, artists are welcome to submit a link to their personal sales page, should they have one.
New to this year, the Conexus Arts Centre Gallery:
- No monetary prize will be awarded for artwork selected to appear in the gallery, however, all artists are welcome to submit their contact information and list their artwork for sale (sales will be the responsibility of the artist, all funds will go to the artist).
- Artwork submissions should follow the Submission Requirments listed below, however, if selected, artists may choose to send an original print of their work at a later date for the gallery.
- Artwork will be insured, however, the artists will need to sign a waiver acknowledging the possibility of their work getting damaged at the show.
- Further details of the Gallery Show will be released when they have been finalized.
- Currently, we are planning an opening-day afternoon showing of the gallery where all artists will be invited
- We expect the artwork will remain on display for approximately 1 month
- Final details should be available Mid February 2022
All Artists potentially being featured in any CMHA Cash Calendar 2023 venue will be contacted after May 2nd, 2022.
Please note that we print our calendar images at 300 dpi on 11″ wide by 8 1/2″ tall glossy paper.
All submissions are welcome, but remember, the final product is a print. If you’re submitting a dance, film, song, or something else entirely, get creative with how you capture your submission.
All non-print submissions will be given a QR code that links to the submission.
ALL SUBMISSIONS (up to 2 submissions/person) MUST INCLUDE:
**Physical Submission WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED – we apologize for the inconvenience**
- A title for each piece submitted (each submission must have its own title)
- A short 2-3 sentence explanation of how EACH piece relates to this years entry theme
- Your full name
- Your age
- Where you are from in Saskatchewan
- An active Email Address
- Your phone number (or the best way to contact you)
- Your Instagram handle or personal website (we will tag and share these on our Instagram and in other CMHA Publications)
** Please note – If you don’t want your Instagram or Website shared, do not provide this information. **
Submission File Requirements:
- Each submission should be a high resolution (300 dpi), PDF, JPEG, TIFF, or PNG
- Poems may be submitted through email using the word program of your choice
- Sculptures or other physical objects should be photographed and submitted digitally (please take these photos in a well-lit area, with minimal background)
- Video submissions will be accepted
- Submissions must be uploaded to Youtube or another publicly available video platform
- Submissions must include a selection of still images that can be used for print
- If your video is selected, a QR code will be printed with your stills linking directly to your full video online
**When photographing a submission, you can send more than one image of that submission. For example, 1 sculpture may be submitted with 3 or 4 different photos and still count as1 of your 2 submissions.**
If you are selected for the Conexus Arts Centre Art Gallery:
- You may choose to submit your original artwork or CMHA Sask. Div. will use your digital submission to print your work
- Artists will be allowed to list their works for sale with all proceeds going to the artist
- Artists will only be eligible to have one submission entered into the gallery
- All submissions are eligible, but not all submissions will be entered into the gallery. Selected artists will be contacted.
For those who may not know, the Canadian Mental Health Association is a Not-For-Profit, Non-Governmental organization that has been advocating for people with lived experience for over 100 years!
Our CMHA Cash Calendar has been our organization’s primary fundraiser throughout its long history and continues to help fund a variety of important CMHA programs here in Saskatchewan.
In 2020, the CMHA Saskatchewan Division launched the H.O.P.E Learning Centre. Helping Others thru Peer Support or H.O.P.E. is a brand new initiative modelled after the Recovery Collage model where individuals can enroll in a variety of life skill courses to help build resilience and learn healthier coping strategies for when times get tough. Our H.O.P.E. Learning Centre was the natural evolution of our “Friends For Life” program. During the Fundraising portion of the CMHA Cash Calendar, all proceeds will go towards the HOPE Learning Centre. Visit their website by clicking here.
If you would like to learn more about the Cash Calendar Fundraiser Please CLICK HERE
We hope that this call for artwork inspires you to continue supporting CMHA Saskatchewan`s great work, and gives everyone in our province a chance to share their mental health story. Good luck and get creating!
We want to thank our Sponsors for the 2023 Cash Calendar